Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Second Landscape “sketch” Piece— In Progress

 

    This piece is meant to expand on the idea of the previous piece (the steeple appliqué) by being larger (4X4) and more complex in terms of detail and the different layers that have to be worked with. 

    The original drawing for this piece comes from a drawing I did in the winter of 2017 in the first volume of journals that I began to keep on a daily basis since my first semester in college. I am now on volume 27. The drawing was done in my town of origin, Newark, Delaware in the neighborhood behind my childhood home. I thought that it was a good contrast to the Steeple piece in that it seems more ominous and reflects my feeling towards the place where I grew up. 

    I had to modify the drawing, redraw it essentially, as the original sketch was so small. The colors in that new sketch, shown below are not accurate to the fiber colors that I would like to use, but serve to distinguish the different layers of the drawing so that I could effectively transfer the sketch to tracing paper. I show a photo of the back of the piece for a starting reference as to the colors I have chosen to use so far.  





No comments:

Post a Comment