Sunday, February 14, 2021

Updated Proposal - 2/14/21

    As I switch into antique collecting and photographing, I have thought a lot about my transition from last semester with my project ideas. Last semester, I was on the topic of trash and environmentalism and I have made the shift towards antiques instead. With the trash that I was photographing last semester, I was capturing the beauty of objects/products thrown onto the ground. With this new idea I am still capturing the beauty of what I find but instead they are not found outside on the streets. I have gone around to different places to find old objects that people have given away. These include vintage cups, photographs, jewelry, and artwork. I have also come across an old family jewelry box which my grandmother left for me years ago. I have taken all of the objects found in the box and have photographed them in a way to show the details and beauty of them. Even the jewelry box itself is something I want to capture and showcase for my project. I have also been thinking a lot about my exhibition for the end of the semester and have come across some ideas. I would like to display my website and Instagram page made to show these photographs on a projection screen. Another thing that I would like to do is to display the objects such as my grandmother's jewelry box and it’s contents in a protective sleeve or glass box to showcase for the exhibition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment